- ITFC Academy
Ipswich Town Football Club is currently engaged in the process of establishing a sustainable business model that will deliver improved standards for the supporters, commercial partners and local community through investment across the whole Football Club. Youth development is part of this strategy and the carefully managed process of investing in homegrown talent aims to stabilise, strengthen and ultimately grow the Club’s fortunes and reputation both on and off the field of play.
From the First-Team ManagerPlaying attractive, attacking, exciting football and winning matches is what first-team football is all about. The production line of young players coming through the Academy, capable of performing at the highest level of competitive football, is key to producing a winning team with a winning mentality.
With this in mind: an enhanced Academy investment can only be good for the future playing resources of the Club. Ipswich Town has a great history and tradition of unearthing talented young players and I hope to be able to work with the next generation of starlets as we all strive to return to the Premier League through winning ways.
From the Academy Manager Our goal at the Ipswich Town Academy is very simple; we want to offer the best players in this region the opportunity to develop into top class footballers and play for a great club.
I believe that in order to achieve this goal Ipswich Town must have a Category one Academy. The benefits are listed below:
- Improved games programme – Matches against Premiership opposition including Chelsea, Arsenal & Spurs etc. Plus various International Academy games
- Increased access to players – more coaching hours at all age groups
- National Recruitment – not limited to recruiting players from only our area, plus additional safeguarding of our best players from other Cat One Clubs.
- Increased staffing and full time Sports Science and Match Analyst department.
- Additional facilities and Education Programme for up to U21 level.
- ITFC Academy will be back in line with our two closest Cat One rivals – West Ham and Norwich. It will also help us to continue to compete with the other Cat One clubs for the players from Ireland and Europe.
The coming season marks the start of a new era and the Academy has devised a five year plan which includes
- Improvement of facilities and equipment at the Academy on the Playford Road site
- Attract best players in the region by being a Category One Academy
- Widening our recruitment area with links to International teams and Scouts
- To develop players capable of playing regular 1st team football for ITFC in the FAPL or, if unsuccessful, who would command a transfer fee from clubs playing in the Football League.
- Maximize number of ‘home grown’ players at 1st team level (to an optimum of 50% of the 1st team by 2017-18.)
- Deliver an improved sports science and match/player analysis programme
- Conduct player/match analysis of all games at all age groups
- Improve standard of coaching by developing highly qualified staff
- Take part in European Tours so players are aware of continental styles of football.
Having returned to Ipswich, I am confident that by implementing this five year plan Ipswich Town will once again have one of the best Youth Academies in England.
Academy Sponsorship benefits
Once you become an Academy Sponsor the benefits you receive are tailored to your particular package and also to your company or personal requirements. Some Companies prefer the branding benefits rather than the hospitality benefits and visa versa. My role as the Director of Academy Sales is to ensure you get the maximum exposure as a new sponsor and enjoy the hospitality benefits at Portman Rd on a match-day. Bespoke packages are also available and I can be as flexible as possible to make sure we deliver your requirements and show you exactly where your sponsorship revenue will be used.
We spend over £1 Million per season on the Academy which includes the following expenses for certain areas
- IT, Technology and Premier League Software system
- Nutrition and food
The Sponsorship areas are divided into the following packages
- Tour Partners
- Ramsey Business Members
- Robson Business Members
- Academy Scholar Sponsors
- Academy Friends
We are always looking for new Sponsors and if you would like to get in touch and see how by supporting the Academy we can promote your business and entertain your clients we would be happy to organise a meeting to discuss the opportunities and benefits further.
Simon Milton Director of Academy Sales.
Pat Lewis - Source One Consulting Ltd
Academy U15 Team Sponsors and Academy Partners
"As a lifelong Ipswich Town fan I always wanted to get involved Commercially in the Club in some way. The Academy Sponsorship opportunity was the best option for me and my Company. I have my company logo on the front of the U15 Team Shirts and have been invited to the Directors Box and Boardroom at Home and Away games this season. I travelled with the U15s to Galway to see them take part in the Galway Cup in August and saw first-hand how well the Coaches treated the players and how well the players represented the Club on and off the field. As a company we have made many new clients from attending games and other Academy networking events and would recommend getting involved to any business or company. Finally, I also know that the revenue from my agreement goes directly into the Academy and its running costs."
CLICK HERE to see how you can help as a Business
CLICK HERE to see how you can help as a Supporter
We have a network of local, UK and Irish scouts who are responsible for unearthing these players. Our scouts have developed relationships with local clubs, schools, soccer schools and county FAs to source talent. The Academy is the pinnacle for young talented footballers. This area of the professional game has become very competitive with Academies putting more emphasis on trying to sign the best players at young ages. We are not immune to the competition but we are confident that we have the right learning environment for talented young players and their families.
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST A TRIAL
LATEST SPONSORS View all sponsors